Sustainability and Green Initiatives for 3SIGMA
• Recycling of all paperboard and corrugated items.
• Recycling of office waste paper, plastic bottles, printer cartridges, etc.
• Recycling and collection of aerosol cans, bulbs , batteries, air compressor
condensate, refuse oil, steel and other metals,
• The use of non hazardous safety cleaners and recycling of the cleaning chemicals.
• Recycling of the packaging supplies and pallets. These are collected and sent back to
a company that refurbishes and reuses these items. This is also done internally.
• Cleaning and recycling of the totes and drums used to supply materials.
• Recycling of purge adhesive into other manufacturing streams.
• Monitoring electric, natural gas and water usage through the EPA Energy Star plants
and facilities program. This allows you to monitor your conservation efforts.
• Utilizing a recycling company to handle start up and production waste as opposed to
• Shutting down energy using equipment when not in operation office and manufacturing.
• Replacing the older lighting with more energy efficient offerings.
• Auditing the air compressors and delivery system to recognize leaks which cause you
to use more electricity.
• Using the heat from the process ovens as an alternate heating supply in the winter
• Maintaining and preventive maintenance to make sure the heating and cooling systems
are operating efficiently.
• Inter office reports all generated electronically and distributed through email.