Technical Product Specialist
The Technical Product Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance to members of the Technical team, Quality and Manufacturing. Acts as coordinator between these groups for problem resolutions and product development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or technical team to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Select products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical or chemical characteristics.
- Record test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluate data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Review product design for compliance with project principles, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Set up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products, to measure performance, life or material characteristics.
- Prepare interim and completion project reports.
- Prepare graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Interface with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provide status and progress reports to customer, technical team and management.
- Obtain and deliver SDS to Quality.
- Assist in making hand samples, and performing special tests when required.
- Assist with Quality department when required.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Strong problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with quality team, technical team, management and customers.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong technical background and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Ability to perform each essential job function satisfactorily.
- Ability to monitor own work to ensure quality.
- AA/AS degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of Contact Management systems: Database, Design, Project Management, Spreadsheet and Word Processing Software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Work is performed in a fast-paced office setting with frequent interruptions. Duties may require sitting for long periods of time. Occasional need to drive a vehicle to other work locations.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Salary: $16.68 Hourly
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, 401K, Health, Dental & Vision.